Thursday, August 9, 2012

Scientific Linux 6.3 Review: Simply outstanding

Yesterday, 8th Aug., Connie Sieh announced the release of Scientific Linux 6.3, an enterprise-class distribution built from source package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3: "Scientific Linux 6.3 i386/x86_64 is now available.

Last week, I reviewed the beta1 version. Simply outstanding distro, especially meant for power users. Further, it is feature packed and offers a wide range of applications as well as enterprise level stability. Added benefit of installing Scientific Linux is that it has full support till Q2 2017 and maintenance support till Nov-2020!

I already installed beta1 version last week. Once the final release came, I just updated my existing installation. Around 138 MB of software updates got downloaded and I had to restart it again. I checked the updated version - almost same as what I had installed in beta1 release. It's a Gnome 2 based Red Hat Enterprise Linux based distro.

From Scientific Linux 6.3
From Scientific Linux 6.3
From Scientific Linux 6.3
From Scientific Linux 6.3
From Scientific Linux 6.3
You can view my previous post for more screenshots and installation process.

No comments:

Post a Comment